From the Desk of Mr. Horky
Dear Bacon Parents:
I’m sure this newsletter will find many of you busy filling the last weeks of summer with as many fun things as possible! Enjoy these last weeks as the start of the 2018-19 school year is just around the corner. I would like to share staff changes and a few reminders for the upcoming school year.
New Staff Members:
I’m excited to introduce our new staff members to our Bacon community. In addition to the new staff members we will be seeing some familiar faces in different places........
News from the Counselor
Hello Bacon! My name is Rachel Eaton, and I am so excited to join the Bacon Community this year as your school counselor. This will be my twelfth year as a counselor in PSD. I spent nine years at Fossil Ridge High School and two years at Lesher Middle School. I have enjoyed working with fifth graders to support a smooth transition into middle school and realized that elementary students bring a lot of joy and laughter into my life. Getting to work in an elementary school is a dream come true!
So much information! Please click here to read more.....
- New Student Registration ~ Wednesday, August 1 st and Thursday, August 2nd from 8:00 – 4:00
- Class Lists for the 2018-19 school year will be posted at our main entrance at 1:00 on Friday, August 10th.
- New Parent Orientation ~ Monday, August 13th from 9:00 - 10:00 A.M
- “Meet Your Teacher / Ice Cream Social” ~ Monday, August 20th from 4:00 – 5:30 P.M.
- First Day of School! ~ Tuesday, August 21st!
- 5th Grade Eco-Week Parent Meeting ~ Wednesday, August 22nd at 5:30
- Back to School Parent Meetings 1 st Grade Parent Orientation – Friday, August 17th (11:00 or 12:00) Kindergarten Parent Orientation – Monday, August 20th @ 3:15 2 nd & 3rd Grade – Wednesday, September 5th @ 6:00 4 th & 5th Grade – Thursday, September 6th @ 6:00
- The Race for Bacon, Friday, 9/14
Scholastic Book Fair, 9/25 -28
- The Fall Festival, 9/27 from 4-7 (Bigger and better than ever!)
- Muffins with Mom, 9/28 at 8 a.m.
Enjoy the video about our school feeder system by clicking the image below
School Accountability Committee (SAC)
· Our School Accountability Committee is again looking for new members. As required by the state of Colorado, we meet once a quarter to review school performance plans and goals, budgets, and safety. If interested, please email email@example.com
The school office will be open from 8:00 – 4:00
Together, let’s make it a great year at Bacon Elementary!